PLL is looking for a marketing intern to join our team! Take a look at the requirements below, and if interested, please email email@example.com with the necessary information by 12/1.
About us: Young, dynamic, successful team with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen, middle-grade, and adult projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Through our digital imprint, The Studio, we publish high-quality e-books and work with authors in all stages of their careers to find an audience in the bourgeoning online space. Please find more information about us at http://www.paperlanternlit.com and paperlanternlit.com/the-studio.
About you: A social media savvy, YA-loving marketing tastemaker! You live in the NY area but are comfortable working from home. Armed with Twitter/Tumblr/Wordpress/Instagram knowledge, you’re a self-starter with competitive drive who loves new challenges.
- Brainstorm and implement content for Paper Lantern Lit’s Instagram account by following relevant accounts, posting daily photos and conducting weekly giveaways.
- Manage Paper Lantern Lit’s Tumblr, including daily reblogging, scheduling content, quizzes and photos, etc.
- Assist PLL’s Marketing Manager with programming development and brainstorming promotions for PLL and The Studio titles
- Create original content for PLL’s blog, with 3-4 new posts per week
- Must be available up to 20 hours per week (most of this work is done virtually and independently, with only 5 hours per week needed for in-person meetings).
- A laptop or tablet that allows you to work remotely.
- Proficient in WordPress blog management.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while taking the necessary time to complete each one—a rushed job is an incomplete job!
- Familiarity with books, especially within the young adult genre. (The more of a YA nerd you are, the better!)
- Ability to multitask on different projects under different imprints.
- Photography and video editing skills a plus!
This position is unpaid. PLL will reimburse your transportation costs to and from any on-site meetings, and your lunch is on us! This position is perfect for college Juniors, Seniors, or recent graduates looking for publishing/marketing experience and excellent references.
If you meet these qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 12/1 with the subject line MARKETING INTERN and include:
- An updated resume.
- Portfolio/Cover Letter (Please, no attachments larger than 2mb!)
- Two references