PLL is looking for a graphic design intern to join our team! Take a look at the requirements below, and if interested, please email email@example.com with the necessary information by 2/10
About us: Young, dynamic, successful team with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen, middle-grade, and adult projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Through our digital imprint, The Studio, we publish high-quality e-books and work with authors in all stages of their careers to find an audience in the bourgeoning online space. Please find more information about us at http://www.paperlanternlit.com and thestudiopll.com .
About you: A creative, self-starting graphic design powerhouse! You should be based in the New York area with the ability to work remotely and on-site in Manhattan/Brooklyn. You are fluent in Illustrator and Photoshop, but have other design tricks under your belt to ‘wow’ us with!
- Conceptualize and implement designs for the following projects: quote and infographics, logos, newsletters, social media blog posts, flyers, invitations, and digital book covers.
- Work closely with Marketing Manager and Marketing Intern on content for PLL’s social media accounts including Twitter, Tumblr, Instagram and WordPress.
- Provide routine website maintenance.
- Must be available up to 20 hours per week (most of this work is done virtually and independently, with only 5 hours per week needed for in-person meetings).
- A laptop or tablet that allows you to work remotely.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite with an emphasis on Photoshop.
- Excellent photography skills, including lighting and filters.
- Proficient understanding of web platforms, including WordPress and Squarespace.
- Proficient in multiple areas of design, from sketching to photography, cover and logo design, etc.
- Ability to manage multiple deadlines while taking the necessary time to complete each one—a rushed job is an incomplete job!
- Familiarity with books, especially within the young adult genre. (The more of a YA nerd you are, the better!)
- Ability to multitask on different projects under different imprints.
- Video editing skills a plus.
- Previous publishing experience a plus.
This position is unpaid. PLL will reimburse your transportation costs to and from any on-site meetings, and your lunch is always on us! This position is perfect for college Juniors, Seniors, or recent graduates looking for publishing/design experience and excellent references.
If you meet these qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 2/10 with the subject line GRAPHIC DESIGN and include:
- An updated resume.
- Portfolio (Please, no attachments larger than 2mb!)
- Two references