PLL is looking for a graphic design intern to join our team! Take a look at the requirements below, and if interested, please email email@example.com with the necessary information by March 1st.
About us: Young, dynamic, successful team with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen, middle-grade, and adult projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Through our digital imprint, The Studio, we publish high-quality e-books and work with authors in all stages of their careers to find an audience in the bourgeoning online space. Please find more information about us at http://www.paperlanternlit.com and paperlanternlit.com/the-studio.
About you: A creative, self-starting graphic design guru! You should be based in the New York area with the ability to work remotely and on site in our Brooklyn office. Familiarity with book publishing and design also a plus.
- Conceptualize designs and create graphic interpretation of concepts and information provided.
- Work closely with Marketing Associate to provide design content for PLL’s social media accounts including Twitter, Tumblr, and WordPress.
- Utilize Adobe Creative Suite to create graphics, logos, typography, book covers, and more.
- Provide routine website maintenance support, including HTML.
- Up to 10 hours per week.
- A laptop or tablet that allows you to work remotely.
- Fluent in Adobe Creative Suite (Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop).
- Strong typography/layout skills.
- Strong understanding of web design, with proficiency in HTML and WordPress platform.
- Excellent organizational skills
- Strong creative brainstorming skills.
- Ability to multitask on different projects under different imprints.
- Superior attention to detail.
- Ability to meet tight deadlines.
- Ability to meet onsite and work 5 hours per week.
This position is unpaid. PLL will reimburse your transportation costs to and from any on-site meetings, and your lunch is on us! This position is perfect for college Juniors, Seniors, or recent graduates looking for publishing/design experience and excellent references.
If you meet these qualifications, please email firstname.lastname@example.org by 3/1 with the subject line GRAPHIC DESIGN and include:
- An updated resume.
- 2-4 work samples (Please, no attachments larger than 2mb!)
- Website/online portfolio, if applicable.