About Us: Young, dynamic, successful team of writers/editors with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen and middle grade projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Please find more information about us at paperlanternlit.com.
About You: You’re a creative thinker with a passion for middle grade and young adult literature who easily adapts to changes across all networking platforms and you’re already familiar with Facebook, Twitter, Tumblr, and WordPress. Applicants must be self-starters and comfortable working remotely and attending weekly meetings. Experience in graphic design a plus.
- Act as the community manager for all PLL titles, including arranging blog tours with Preferred Bloggers and other interested reviewers for upcoming releases.
- Developing programming for new releases (character tournaments, fun polls, character profiles, etc.)
- Updating the website as needed and writing original blog posts.
- Creating original content across all social media platforms.
- Writing the quarterly newsletter.
- Help bring in new potential partnerships to feature our authors and company.
- Update inventory and handle mailings.
- Provide general administrative support for the two founders.
Payment: A modest fee of $80 for 15 hours a week (3 hour meeting included).
Location: New York City. You work remotely the majority of the week, but your presence is required for the weekly meetings and local events featuring our authors.
Application Due Date: Wednesday, July 24th.
Position Start Date: Monday, August 5th.
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to Adam Silvera at firstname.lastname@example.org.