UPDATE: We are no longer accepting applications for this position. –12/1/12
About Us: Young, dynamic, successful team of writers/editors with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen and middle grade projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Please find more information about us at paperlanternlit.com.
About You: A creative self-starter with 1-3 years of editorial publishing experience. You’re a voracious reader and talented editor with a passion for middle grade and young adult literature. Applicants must be comfortable working remotely and attending weekly meetings. Experience in online marketing and networking platforms a plus.
• Become primary editor on 3-4 projects per year
• Participate in the development process of all PLL titles, including continuing brainstorming and initiating new concepts
• Act as the primary liaison to the publicity and marketing teams of publishing imprints
• Take a lead role in PLL’s publicity and marketing efforts, including the development and promotion of PLL’s newsletters and Toolbox series
• Take a lead role in pitching and pursuing marketing and promotional opportunities for our authors
• Manage and continue to develop some of PLL’s various VIP programs
• Help bring in new potential partnerships
• Provide general administrative and editorial support for the two supervisors/founders
If interested, please send your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Position Start Date: 12/1/12-12/15-12
Salary: Negotiable based on experience