Paper Lantern Lit is looking for an editorial intern!
About Us: Young, dynamic, successful team of writers/editors with more than a decade of experience in commercial book publishing. We work with debut authors on exciting new teen, middle grade, and adult projects that we create, plot, love, and nurture all the way from proposal stage to the bookshelf. Please find more information about us at www.paperlanternlit.com.
About You: A creative self-starter with an interest in a career in publishing. You’re a voracious reader, critical thinker, and detail-oriented taskmaster! You should be based in the New York City area with the ability to work both remotely and on site at our Brooklyn office.
- Attend weekly meetings and take notes
- Update the project status—including author, payment, publicity, and project info
- Assist in event set up
- Research local book events for our writers to attend
- Proofread manuscripts for spelling, grammar, and factual inaccuracies
- Correspond with PLL writers and PLL Preferred Bloggers
- Run postal errands, answer general inquiry emails, make photocopies and scan documents
- Help with maintenance of PLL blog with weekly blog posts
- Write publicity and marketing materials
- Assist with brainstorming sessions
- Help with submission sorting
- Read and report on comparative titles
- Assist in maintaining website and social media presence
- 20-25 hours per week
- A laptop or tablet that enables you to work remotely
- Knowledge of Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel
- Ability to attend weekly meetings and work onsite at least five hours per week
- Knowledge of HTML, Google programs and social media is a HUGE plus, but not required
- A year long commitment strongly desired
We can offer a modest stipend of $80/week, delicious meals at every meeting, and lots of chocolate! If interested, please send your resume, cover letter, and a book review (approximately 300 words) to firstname.lastname@example.org by Wednesday (10/17). We kindly request that you paste all the contents in the body of an email and leave us attachment free 🙂
Thanks and good luck!