Some news items that gave PLL a scare last month…
1) Warner Brothers is pulling ALL Harry Potter DVDs and Blu-Rays off of shelves at the end of this year, in what is either a giant marketing ploy to mess with our heads or… a giant marketing ploy to mess with our heads. Either way, we’re mostly scared of the lines at Best Buy to get the box set in time!
2) Justin Beiber and Selena Gomez adopted a puppy together. Scarily cute, or totally puke-inducing? We can’t decide.
3) Amazon released the new Kindle Fire, which smells a lot like the hellfire that will destroy publishing-as-we-know-it. Or, it could just be the latest cool gadget.
4) Steve Jobs’ death kind of shook our worlds. Technology can do almost anything, but it still can’t make us immortal. We will miss you, Steve.
5) Jessica Simpson is pregnant but is refusing to formally announce it. We’re scared, because if that isn’t pregnancy then there’s something seriously wrong with her glands, and we hope it’s not contagious.
6) Recent environmental studies showed that the beauty of fall foliage is slowly traveling north due to climate change, resulting in colorless New York Octobers in a matter of decades. This is alarming on a lot of levels, not least of which is that soon we’re all going to have to go all the way to Canada for leaf-watching. Remember how there are still a lot of people who don’t even believe in global warming? That’s the scariest part.
7) RL Stine appeared on the Food Network in Halloween Wars–we were so scared of how weird that show looked that we had to avoid it like the plague. Did anyone else watch?
8) Libyan dictator Muammar el-Qaddafi was killed this month, and we’re spooked mainly because after all this time we still can’t figure out if we’re his name correctly.