Ding dong! It’s almost Halloween and PLL is offering some treats and a couple tricks from last months’ headlines!
Don’t want to be spoiled with the answers? Check out the Tricks and Treats in our October Newsletter! Otherwise, find out which of our chosen news items are Tricks and which are Treats after the jump!
1) Ben and Jerry’s introduced a new flavor of ice cream in September called Schweddy Balls. MMMMmmmm.
This tasty TREAT is true! We’re getting all “schweaty” as we race to the ice cream store…
2) This month, scientists discovered particles that actually move faster than the speed of light—pretty much completely rocking the world’s entire conception of physics.
Not a trick either—neutrinos are subatomic particles that, according to a recent study, really do move up to 60 nanoseconds faster than the speed of light.
3) America’s new Bachelor was announced: it’s Ben the winemaker, and we’re so excited because we love wine!
TRICK!!! Well, Ben IS the new bachelor and we DO love wine, but we are NOT excited about it because he is unattractive and self-absorbed. Get a comb, buddy—and a life!
4) The PLL team took on Penguin’s Razorbill imprint in an impromptu “homecoming” tag football game in which Jessica Rothenberg, author of the upcoming debut The Catastrophic History of You and Me refereed.
Trick… but maybe next year?
5) Diamond Planet. Yeah, you heard us. Someone found a little planet floating through space that is made of diamond. It’s a diamond. And it’s a planet. It even has a moon or two!
Believe it or not, this is also true—and Lauren Oliver is hoping her fiancé will buy it for her as a “treat.”