AND find out more about the lovely author, Jess Rothenberg!
First things first, you need to know more about this book:
Jess Rothenberg has done it. We’re giggling, we’re tearing up, we’re swooning, we’re full-on crying, and we’re back to laughing all over again. Her debut novel, The Catastrophic History of You and Me, will charm the leather motorcycle jacket right off your back and take you on an amazing ride. It’s about a girl named Brie who dies at the very beginning of the book, literally, of a broken heart. It’s about how she deals with what happened to her, how she works through her grief while uncovering all of the secrets of the living that had been hidden to her before. Will she find the real meaning of true love? Will she learn to let go of the life she once new—even her adorable dog Hamloaf? Will you hug this book when you are done reading it? Yes, yes and YES!
Sounds great, right? We’re giving away a free copy on our Facebook this month, so be sure to enter!
But not ONLY did we have a review for you this month, we also did a Lucky Seven questionnaire with the delightful Rothenberg herself. Read on for what she had to say on important subjects like her cartoon crush and casting for her biopic.
Jess Rothenberg’s Lucky Seven!
1. What actor/actress would you want to play you in the biopic of your life? Zooey Deschanel.
2. When you were six years old, what did you want to be when you grew up? A unicorn.
3. Hoorah! You’ve just been hired by a circus! What will you be doing? Elephant-Whisperer.
4. Who is your secret cartoon crush? Aladdin. (Riff raff, street rat, I don’t buy that…)
5. What will the title of your autobiography be? The Accidental Nudist.
6. If you were a kitchen appliance – what would you be? A toaster named Lady Toastada, whose secret crush is the handsome (also-toaster) Lord Burnside from M.E. Castle’s Popular Clone.
7. If you could go on a road trip with any person (dead or alive), who would you choose and where would you go? The muppets, cross country, NYC to San Francisco.
A wild Jessicorn appeared!